Monday, September 27, 2010

A Reminder

THE GOLDEN BUDDHA ON THE WOODEN BENCH

I had a dream last night in which I was walking in a park and came upon people gathered behind a bush. “Look,” they said as the pointed through the foliage. As I looked I saw a golden Buddha sitting on a wooden bench. Just as I thought, “What a beautiful statue,” light radiated out of Buddha’s hands and he turned his head to look straight into my eyes.

I awoke with the memory of A Golden Buddha sitting on a Wooden Bench.

As I went about my morning, I heard in my Soul, “It is not what you do that is important, but HOW you do it.” It was then that I realized how my intentions had become tainted by the old paradigm hard work and the need for external reward and/or acknowledgement.

The Golden Buddha was as happy on a wooden bench in a small park, as he was in a huge temple where people worshiped. He came into my dream life to remind me that the wooden bench was very comfortable and in no way diminished the healing force within him. He looked at me directly so that I would more clearly look at myself.

Do I do what I do because I want recognition, or do I do what I do because I AM my SELF. Well, there is, of course, the ego answer AND the Soul answer. The Buddha came into my dream to remind me that my Soul is happy on a wooden bench in a small park. My Soul then reminds me that the wooden bench in no way diminishes its Golden Light.

It is not what I do, but HOW I do it! It is that sentence that leads to the Center Flow. It is that sentence that frees me from my ego.

1 comment: